Friday 20 April 2012

70's tastic quilt...

i made this last night...and i'm really rather pleased with it...











it's quite a large quilt...not quite single bed sized but it would sit nicely on the top of a single bed... (of course at this point i could just go and measure the thing...but that would be no fun when i can type 100 words trying to explain!!)

i enjoyed making it, and i think i will make a blue/green one too and perhaps sell it/them...in that shop i have...you know the one...the one with 'opening soon' on the door and the windows white-washed out...

inspired by a quilt in Chloe Owens book All Sewn Up...which is a lovely book with lots of nice projects in...

happy weekending folks whatever you are up to...

8 comments:

  1. You MADE That? WOW! It's totally gorgeous, I am very green with envy of your peachy stitchy skills. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kath, straight lines is about all I'm good for tho!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!
    I'm not really handy with the sowing machine....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mirjam...like i say, straight lines are my thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last time I used a sewing machine even going in a straight line was a bit problematic! More practise needed I think. This quilt looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're getting a nice little collection to go on your shop! ;) Really like all those colours and patterns together, nothing like a bit of 70s print is there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilt. You make me laugh cos straight lines are the thing I CANNOT do! Have a good weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is fabulous - you've totally inspired me.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete