Thursday 26 April 2012

doilies...

a quest to do all kinds of things with the humble doilie...part II...





i think i actually had a bit too much fun making these...i decided at about 9:00pm to have a go and make them...small people in bed and it was very good and rewarding!  they spent the night in the airing cupboard and were 'set' by morning...i think this weekend me and the little people will be making a few more to go with these beauties... 



 and here is a recent charity shop find...a gorgeous hand painted glass tray...i love this...and i think the best bit is that the ball foot on the front left has come off at some point and been put back on backwards...!!!



8 comments:

  1. oooo....I say! What wonderous lovelies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers me dear...i can see myself getting quite obsessed with these beauties...the house will be full of them by the end of the weekend....x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why don't you have a go at making them into lampshades? I've seen people put them on round balloons and they're so pretty when lit up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh mimi, I was just saying that to emilylovesbsgpuss at the school gate this afty!!! I will be sourcing fire retardant spray tomorrow I think... Am loving my doilies at the mo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're completely lovely! What a fabby idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kath.... I'm thinking they would look good at your wedding!?!?!?! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing! How did you make them? Starch and then let them dry over a bowl?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those doilies look brilliant, so pretty. I love the ducks on that tray!!

    ReplyDelete